I have been feeling a little apprehensive about camp this summer, but when I read over this I couldn't help but smile and realize that I have nothing to worry about. Funny how my belief in love, friendship, sportsmanship, loyalty, and spiritual awareness was what brought me to an understanding of my faith. God knows exactly whats in your heart and how to pull you close. Here is part of my Greens narrative that I wrote for Songfest when I was Sponsor a couple years ago. Its super long so I only included the end of it but the bright green is the title of the song.- and the end is the wagon wheel lyrics we wrote that summer.
Exodus
For The Longest Time
Can't Go Back Now
What I wanted, more than anything, more than any single gift, was something greater than myself to believe in. When I told my counselor this on the last night of camp she smiled, gave me a hug, and said that one day I would have a love to cherish like this. The next day, I reluctantly climbed aboard the train to go home. This time however I stepped onboard with a group of sisters and friends, and as the train sped away I looked back once more at what had become my summer home.
It broke my heart to have to leave camp, and when the train reached my cities station I sadly left the other children. I stood in my room that night, looked at its emptiness, and cried at my loss. But as I sat down to unpack my trunk, I opened the lid and smiled at what was inside.
Everything I took out made me laugh and reminded me of my summer home. All the little things that were once insignificant in my life came back from camp with meaning. When I looked back through what I had brought home, I could feel the warmth of her glow in knowing that she changed my life through seemingly simple ideas. This is the gift I had been searching for ..a genuine sense of belonging that comes with a shared joy in being alive. As I have grown older I still find that the greatest gift rests in her spirit. She will always stand true for me as I continue to believe in her love and her glow. I came to her as a shy timid child, she’ll stay in my heart till the day I die. Reminds me to keep the faith and pass her on…
WAGON WHEEL
Hurry on down to her riverside
embraced by her beauty in her mountains high
you look to her hills and you see you've been transformed
she came to you as a shy timid child
she'll stay in your heart 'till the day you die
reminds you to keep the faith and pass her on
So be there and catch me when I fall
hear me and hold me when I call
ohhh ohh Shenandoah
Lead me I'll follow down your road
share it your spirit, your love, and your glow
ohh ohh Shenandoah
Running from a life filled with old broken glass
she'll help to shape my future like she's shaped my past
tonight we serenade her
we choose her virtues now
oh river runs through her like an old country song and I've never felt more like I truly belong
and I ain't turning back
living without her no more
So be there and catch me when I fall
hear me and hold me when I call
ohhh ohh Shenandoah
Lead me I'll follow down your road
share it your spirit, your love, and your glow
ohh ohh Shenandoah
Leaving here tomorrow it will be tough
and the memories we made here They will never be enough
But at least we will have her spirit in our unified hearts--
a thousand miles away- but never apart.
Awakened by a new dawn the rising sun
Shenandoah's calling my name and I know that she's the only one
and when we leave tomorrow
at least we will leave free
so be there and catch me when I fall
hear me and hold me when I call
ohhh ohh Shenandoah
lead me I'll follow down your road
share it your spirit, your love, and your glow
ohh ohh Shenandoah

No comments:
Post a Comment