I've started so many blog posts. Havent been able to finish them... but at this point I don't care if I babble.
It is so incredibly heartbreaking to put your hope in something-- trying to will it to happen-- only to find that in the end you can't make it work--no matter how hard you try. No matter how badly you want it,or how much you think about it- its not going to change.
Its that same feeling that you get when you want to help someone but you have no idea how- when you're watching a friend cry and all you can do is play with their hair and try somehow to comfort them...when you are listening to someone struggle against a sadness they cant explain... or watching someone walk down a path that you know is difficult.. or on a different level when you are watching all the tornado victims. You can only help to a point- so you try your best but along the road you recognize that its not enough. I have finally started to realize that its just as important for me to put my faith in God for these other people- so that I am not tormented by the fact that I cant change whats happening. However, I also recognize that just because you can't change some things doesn't mean you shouldn't try to do all you can
Its that same feeling that you get when you want to help someone but you have no idea how- when you're watching a friend cry and all you can do is play with their hair and try somehow to comfort them...when you are listening to someone struggle against a sadness they cant explain... or watching someone walk down a path that you know is difficult.. or on a different level when you are watching all the tornado victims. You can only help to a point- so you try your best but along the road you recognize that its not enough. I have finally started to realize that its just as important for me to put my faith in God for these other people- so that I am not tormented by the fact that I cant change whats happening. However, I also recognize that just because you can't change some things doesn't mean you shouldn't try to do all you can
its that helpless feeling. that sickening- terrible feeling.
Thats where God comes in- you have to trust. He is enough.
there is no other solution- nothing else.
Faith in Christ is the only thing to save you from despair & out of faith in Him good actions must inevitably come
-CSLewis
No comments:
Post a Comment