Thursday, June 2, 2011

Against all hope, in hope believe. Without Weaking in faith.

"When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said he would do. And so he was made father of a multitude of peoples. God himself said to him, "You're going to have a big family, Abraham!" 19Abraham didn't focus on his own impotence and say, "It's hopeless. This hundred-year-old body could never father a child." Nor did he survey Sarah's decades of infertility and give up." Romans 4:18-19
I have to hope, have faith, trust.
Look up.

How amazing is Abraham's faith? I want that. George Mueller once said " The only way to know strong faith is to endure great trials . I have learned my faith by standing firm through severe testings." 
You learn how strong faith is when all else fails- when you are broken. 


How often I do not see the value of my present situations- When things aren't going on in my life- what an opportunity to seek out what I'm interested in and learn.  And when everything seems dark-- Thats when you can learn to have the most powerful  bond to him-- if you will only grab on. God's greatest gifts often come through greatest pain.





" Don't be afraid- Just believe." Mark 5:36

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

" Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see." Hebrews 11:1

" I will lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

When everything seems dark- I just need to look up 

" When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3



No comments:

Post a Comment