Thursday, June 2, 2011

I am complicated, broken, confusing, ridiculous. HUMAN

I'm indecisive.
This is how I feel. Free but safe in His arms. Perfection.
I never seem to just know what I want.
I change my mind.
I'm lost.
I cry.
I make mistakes.
BUT

I'm learning to trust.
FINALLY!

I trust in God and honestly I'm learning to trust myself- my instincts- my decisions- my knowledge. I can't possibly explain how freeing this is. Yes-- this summer will prove to be a serious test but I'm completely up to the challenge. I know that I will make mistakes, but I have faith that no matter what--things will all be alright. So why not live and make mistakes- instead of regretting and wondering why you never took the chance?


A very insightful friend just wrote on her own blog an important thought that could and should be a life motto:


 "Simple, always look up.
-stop trying to solve your own problems, stop killing yourself to be right, be wrong sometimes. LOVE. They will know we are his disciples by our love."
how true is that?
On a ten hour car drive with this same friend I talked with her about how complicated people are.. but how uncomplicated God is. Why would I not trust in the one sure, completely steady love in my life?

I don't understand love. I don't want to attempt to. You can't fathom it. I'm making my own decisions and I'm happy enough to try. Mistakes may happen- but If I'm not glorifying God and I'm not making myself happy by not trying- what on earth am I doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment