"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world "- C.S. Lewis
I don't know why this thought suddenly occurred to me.. maybe its really freaking obvious to everyone else-- but I don't care. Its an amazing epiphany to me...
The toughest times are often when you have the opportunity to really pull close to God because you have to rely on Him to stay sane. You're drowning and He is your lifeline.
So in a way-- all those tough times are invitations for you to become closer to Him. Hand delivered- pounding on your front door invitations. How many times has God tugged on my heart waiting on me to reach out and depend solely on Him... I just look away and stubbornly try to stay afloat on my own. What a perspective to see the trials this way- as an open invitation to prosper and grow.
"Ah! happy they whose hearts can break
And peace of pardon win!
How else may man make straight his plan
And cleanse his soul from Sin?
How else but through a broken heart
May Lord Christ enter in?"
-Oscar Wild
What opportunities for life he has offered. I just pray that I will recognize these opportunities for what they are.. Oh, How He loves us!
No comments:
Post a Comment