Monday, June 13, 2011

life learned

Randomly I've decided to write down the lessons that I've learned and am trying to work on and add to them as I remember  later. Heck, maybe one day I'll even print them out and put them somewhere. Clearly they wont be in any order. I tried to go and highlight my favorites- the ones I need and I realized I couldn't .. all but one.


-God FIRST. Others second. I am Third.
- Always try to treat people as if it could be their last day or your last day. If you knew that you or they were going to die within the next 24 hours how would you treat them-?  why would you ever treat them any differently than that? Be the kind of person you want to be remembered for.. don't hold back. love people fully. 
- Be loving and love will find you.
- Give without limits. without expectations. be generous.
- Let go and let God
- Choose not to take things personally.
- Trust and know that people aren't perfect. forgive.
- Try to see the entire person. Cut people slack. don't gossip
- Look for the good and you will find it- Same goes with the bad. 
- play the Glad Game- it makes life more enjoyable
- smile more frequently. create a positive mood. laugh at yourself.
- One of the best ways to make other people happy- is to be happy yourself.
- Unless you make consistent efforts- friendships won't survive. 
- its all about perception
- Gratitude fosters forberance
- the days are long but the years are short. take advantage
- There is no scoreboard in a relationship. no gold star chart. stop calculating
- Act the way you want to feel
- turn a complaint into thankfulness. be grateful for the everyday. I'm thankful to be in here in the sorority house another year. I'm thankful i can be here in class- in college. to have a car to drive home in. to have parents to drive home to. a friend to talk to on the phone. to get up and have coffee- to have a house to clean.
- give proofs of love
- Its easy to be heavy, hard to be light
 - passwords get engrained. use them to be a constant reminder
-appreciate being alone. appreciate being surrounded by people. appreciate
- Gods gift to you is your life- what you do with your life is your gift back to him. make it worthy
- Confidence. fake it till you make it
- feel. feel the rain. feel the sunshine. take your shoes off. notice the little lovelies
- appreciate the fun of failure. you live. you grow. don't stunt yourself. let the rain come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment